Once upon a time, you thought to yourself: My love life is horrible! Just horrible.
As someone who’s spent her entire adult career working with people who want to improve their love lives, I can say with confidence: Someone always has it worse! Allow me to explain.
1.Some people have totally exciting lives—until they get into a relationship with someone totally boring. Then, they become totally boring too.
2. Some people break up and share joint custody of dogs. How can you split a dog in half? Really? “Visitation” can get quite ridiculous.
3.Most people are awful communicators. This leads to all kinds of confusion in the early stages of dating—not to mention passive aggressive nonsense throughout the relationship. Multiply that by 1000 when couples insist on solely communicating via text.
4. Some men think it is funny to physically abuse women. One in four women are attacked by an intimate partner. This is no joke. Thankfully, a lot of women, like the women in this new book I co-authored, are survivors.
5. Some couples get married way too young--before they even know who they are. Most of them grow apart instead of together.
6. Some people think they can find The One on Tinder, but end up with eighty three matches who don’t respond and one who responds and wants to live in a polyamorous commune.
7.Many people stay in relationships with people they have nothing in common with other than the fact that they are together.
8. Some couples face infertility, cancer, and their own mortality. And after getting through all that, someone still has an affair.
9. Some people ignore the red flags—and end up with addicts who drain their energy, bank accounts, and spirit. No matter how much they love the addict, the addict always loves the drug of choice more.
10.Some people wake up to someone who tells them they don’t love them anymore. That things can’t be worked out. And it’s all of a sudden. Out of nowhere. No solution.
So stop feeling sorry for yourself, already!
No matter how good or how bad things get in your love life, there is always room for improvement. On 5/5, The Intuitive Love Solution, which you may know I am a part of, kicked off the start of 21 days with 21 experts offering free dating and relationship advice. Want to join in and get some life-changing advice? Claim your seat here.