Because its kind of fun to take a peak into the brain of someone who lives, breathes, eats, and sleeps dating and relationships every now and then; isn't it?
1. Ladies, if you are going to post a group photo on your online dating profile, please at least be the cute one!
2. Some men need to value the role of wives and mothers more. I was watching VH1's Family Therapy last night and was horrified when I heard Michael Lohan say ( in regard to his ex, Dina): "What has she done? She produced kids." I was so disturbed that I posted my response on Twitter and Instagram. Note: Michael Lohan has since tweeted me blaming that statement on the producer's editing.
3. Speaking of sex: Gay dating is basically the same as straight dating--with some very important differences including a (perhaps) more urgent need to focus on discovering if there is sexual compatibility. I have recently been doing some matchmaking with gay clients and even training an entrepreneur on how to start up a gay matchmaking business through Matchmaking Institute. So, yes, I have been consulting my gay friends and learning lots! One thing is for sure: The "rules" of dating aren't as clear with same sex couples, so they are all learning together.
4. So many women above fifty who come to matchmakers are completely unrealistic about who wants to date them. If you are fifty-two, your age range should not be forty to fifty, it should be fifty-two to sixty-seven. Older men who hire matchmakers want to date younger. Preferably ten to fifteen years younger.
5. Single middle-aged and single older women need to help single middle-aged and older women meet men. There are only so many to go around, and women should help other women meet them. So, if you have a brother, best friend, dentist or accountant who is a single, quality guy.....hook a sister up!
6. Dark chocolate-and wine-can make any date better. (And heart-shaped chocolate with ice-breaking questions on them like these that were assembled for a mixer that I am co-hosting tonight are still my favorite!)
7. Sometimes, post-breakup, you start noticing random strangers and thinking they are your ex. They aren't your ex. You aren't crazy.
8. Actually, no woman is ever really crazy....until she meets the man who makes her crazy.
9. As for the random strangers, if they are attracted to you because of your perfume that "smells really good" and feel the need to tell you, well, you are probably wearing too much perfume. (But perfume is a good substitute for hairspray in a pinch!)
10. All those law-of-attraction experts are on to something. You should probably start being the person you want to attract. Right. About. Now.
Want to share your random thoughts on dating and relationships? Shoot me an email at Rachel@RachelRusso.com or write in the comments below.