Hope you had a happy first day of summer & National Selfie Day!
Summer is a time for love--whether you are coupled up or just loving your "self".
Of course, we aren't formally taught how to love ourselves. A lot of people think self-love is as icky as this whole selfie craze that I just posted about on The Gram. But self- love isn't self-absorbed. Quite the contrary, self- love helps us be more present and loving to those in our life.
If we aren't lucky enough to be "loved up" at any given time, we can always love ourselves. In fact, we should have a lifelong love affair with our self --no matter what our status. Just because we deserve it!
Here are five fun ways to love this summer and long after:
1. Don't settle for less than what you want in your love life---whether it is dating someone who isn't a true fit for you or accepting treatment from a partner that is a lot less than ideal.
2. Communicate what you want to others--instead of hoping people will read your mind. Watch your chances of actually getting it increase exponentially!
3. Make choices that support your goals and true desires. Don't waste your time doing things that are not in line with the vision that you have for your life and/or relationship.
4. Give up judgment. Of yourself or of your partner. Just accept things as they are if you can. No one and no circumstance will always be perfect.
5. Ask for help when you need it. Didn't I just say that you don't have to be Super(Wo)Man?
Cheers to Love & Life!