As a woman dating and relating in this crazy modern day world of relationships-as well as a love industry expert- I am intimately acquainted with the notion that some men just need owner's manuals on how to understand and operate us ladies! If you ever scratched your head and thought-OMG! He just doesn't get me- you are not alone.
With 2017 quickly approaching, I have more and more female clients and friends telling me that they want to make this year their year. I want to tell them to join the club, as I know they are in good company!
I actually think every woman should write a letter to her future husband, because if there is one thing I know about men for sure, it is that they can not read our minds! In the spirit of inspiring women to be straightforward about what they want with men-and inviting my own future husband to figure me the hell out-I have written the following:
Dear Future Husband: 17 Fun Facts To Help You "Get" Me--For 2017
1. I am really not as intimidating as most men imagine me to be.
2. But.... I'm not for the faint of heart either!
3. I'm a bonafide girly girly and can really use a strong man to carry my bags, kill bugs, occasionally add a key to my keychain, and regularly open jars of tomato sauce.
4. Mhhm. I am Italian-American and make a mean eggplant lasagna!
5. Speaking of which, if you do me wrong you better watch out! You might just end up in my next book. Just kidding! Kind of.
6. Seriously though, I love to write! I kept journals since age 11. They may come in handy if anyone ever decides to produce my E!True Hollywood Story.
7. Becoming famous was never my life goal. I could see myself enjoying the perks, but I mostly just want to have marriage, babies, and some good champagne in my life.
8. I really like to travel too! My "vacation personality" is off the hook! But please note: I am weirdly obsessed with trying to prevent jet lag.
9. I do like my eight hours of sleep. I am proud to say that I transformed myself into a morning person thanks to Starbucks iced green tea and AM workouts at the gym.
10. Want to know what I will never say "no" to? Dark chocolate, red wine, and a day at the spa!
11. I mentioned booze twice, but I am not a big drinker. I am much too health-conscious and driven for that. So sometimes I might actually say "no" to red wine.
12. Not going to lie: People who break dance on the subway make me very nervous.
13. Yes, I take the subway. But after a date, I prefer you put me in an Uber or drive me home. If you ever want to see me again, you should probably wait until I get inside before driving away.
14. Most people who meet me say that I'm very sweet. They find me refreshingly down to earth. I am the type who can make friends with (almost) anyone.
15. I will always want to look hot for my man!
16. But I can't stand men who routinely objectify me. So. Stop. Asking. Me. For. Sexy. Pics. Every 2.5 Mins. If you do, I'll quickly lose respect for you.
17. I might get a little crazy. But only if I really love your @$$. So I hope you can really love me too!
Want to write a letter to your future husband? I'd love to read it. Send it over to me at Rachel@RachelRusso.com today!